Friday, January 20, 2012

I AM AN ADVOCATE

I consider myself to be an advocate because of the following reasons:
-I am sharing my story with the world through my blog and twitter.
-I am no longer silent
-I am standing up for something that matters.
-I am giving a voice to others by giving my voice and speaking out.

I know i am an advocate. I am willing to share my voice and story to those who need me and need someone who shares their pain. Its hard but together we can heal and get through these rough patches in our lives. No longer are we going to remain silent. No longer are we going to allow our abusers to hold us down. The more we stay silent, the more we hold on to the pain, we are giving our abusers the glory to get away with the things they did to us. Im not saying you shouldn't hurt or that its not a big deal. It is a big deal. But i learned through family and through a book im reading that we cant keep holding on to the abuse we went through.

 WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPEAK OUT AND NOT BE ASHAMED. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHARE OUR STORY AND BE FREE FROM THE HURT, EMOTIONS AND FLASHBACKS. IM NOT SAYING YOU CANT CRY WHEN YOU SHARE YOUR STORY. ITS OK BUT WE SHOULDN'T ALLOW OUR ABUSE TO KEEP CONTROL OF US. YES IT WAS A BAD THING A VERY BAD THING WE HAD TO ENDURE BUT IN THE END WE GOT JUSTICE. WE ARE FREE. WE CAN CONTINUE TO BE FREE IF WE CHOOSE TO BE FREE. DO NOT LET YOUR ABUSE CONTROL YOUR LIFE. YOU ARE FREE. YOU SURVIVED. AND YOU WILL CONTINUE TO SURVIVE. NO LONGER SILENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO LONGER VICTIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOGETHER WE TAKE A STAND AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. LETS END THE SILENCE. LETS END THE ABUSE. LETS USE OUR VOICES TO GIVE THOSE A VOICE WHO COULDNT DO SO. SO MANY OUT THERE WHO HAVENT HAD THE COURAGE TO STAND UP AND THEY PAID THE PRICE. NO MORE. WE NEED TO END THIS NOW. WE HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD ON SEXUAL ABUSE ON CHILDREN AND WOMEN.

Lets help out by joining groups like JOYFUL HEART FOUNDATION which is founded by Mariska Hargitay and also RAINN. These groups can help you and give you support.  You can follow them on twitter @Mariska @TheJHF @RAINN01
HELP THEM HELP US SURVIVE AND BREAK THE SILENCE AND END THE ABUSE. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment