Friday, December 9, 2011

I STAND UP FOR JUSTICE AND SPEAKING OUT!!!!

I STAND UP FOR JUSTICE AND SPEAKING OUT is my daily tweet that i use when i am on my twitter to help end the silence against abuse and to help shed light on this issue. Through my blog i am using my voice to end the silence. I spoke out the beginning of this year and i only started speaking out online. I have not spoke out publically to my mother or anything like that because of what i wrote in my previous posts. The reason i create my blog is to help others speak out and to give others a voice. I know there are many out there who need a voice and i chose to be that voice. I am breaking my silence and if by chance any one in my family sees this and it gets back to my mom its ok. Someday when its right i will tell her the truth but as of now i cant. But that besides the point. I want to help others get the justice they deserve. I did deserve justice when i was first molested about 10+yrs ago. But as a child you are afraid to say anything to your mom especially when it is her husband who is molesting you. How as a child do you have courage to speak out to your mom or just anyone you trust? Its hard. Some do not have that courage. I didn't. In ways i still do not have courage to tell her her husband abused me and im 24 yrs old. I'm originally from the state of Connecticut and according to some research i did online, the statute of limitations is that you have until your 48th birthday to report the abuse that occurred. I'm not sure how accurate that is but if that is the case i still can. But the choice is still mine and if i did have the opportunity then i will seek justice. But as of now i am encouraging others to seek the help they need. Do not make the same mistake as I. I know its a scary thought to speak out about abuse. I know its hard and its something you really need to be courageous about but in the end you will feel a lot better. I know it seems pointless sometime because you see shows like Law and Order SVU and sometime the victims do not get the justice but the fact that you spoke out pubically and expose that person as a rapist or molester is a great thing. If you are familiar with the actress Mariska Hargitay from the show SVU her character Det. Olivia Benson said this to the victims, " TRUE HEALING COMES WHEN YOU BEAR WITNESS!" Well i believe those are the words she used. Its a true statement. Please do not be discouraged but if there is a point where that would happen be very proud of yourself for speaking out and getting help.

YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK. YOU HAVE THE STRENGTH AND COURAGE TO SPEAK OUT. DO NOT BE AFRAID. I UNDERSTAND IT IS DIFFICULT. LOOK AT HOW LONG IT TOOK ME. I KNOW ITS SCARY. I KNOW HOW IT IS TO FEEL LIKE NO ONE WILL BELIEVE BUT GUESS WHAT!! I BELIEVE YOU. I SUPPORT YOU. I WILL BE HERE WITH AND FOR YOU. I AM YOUR VOICE. LETS FIGHT THIS FIGHT TOGETHER. LETS BREAK THE SILENCE. WE ARE FREE. WE CAN HEAL TOGETHER!!!

I STAND UP FOR JUSTICE AND SPEAKING OUT. NO LONGER WILL I ALLOW MY ABUSERS TO CONTROL ME. I AM BREAKING THE SILENCE NOW!!!!! NO MORE VICTIMS!!!!!! NO MORE SILENCE!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment