Monday, April 25, 2011

Dont Stop!

Dont stop speaking out against sexual assault just because this month is over which is the month for sexual assault awareness. This is an issue that should be talked about year round, not just for this month. I have started speaking out about my abuse about 4 months ago. Before then i held everything in for 10yrs. It was very hard at first to SPEAK out because of the fear that no one will believe me. Which is still there and also very true. I only spoke out to close friends from my church and friends i met on the Joyful Heart Foundation facebook page. By speaking and sharing my story with them, they gave me the courage to speak out and continue to share my story. I want to continue to share my story and help other as well to come forward and share. Again i will say WE ARE NO LONGER VICTIM!! WE'RE SURVIVORS!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment