Tuesday, April 19, 2011

no longer a victim

I am no longer a victim but a survivor. I am not ashamed of what happened to me nor will i let it identify who i am. A survivor. I have chosen to take the journey and steps to heal from it. I have chosen to speak out and use my voice to help end sexual assault. I want you all to know that no matter what any one says we are all survivors. Its not our faults either. We can not keep giving ourselves this pity party and blame ourselves. By doing that we are letting our abusers to win. We cant let our abusers win. We need to take a stand and make a choice and say "we are no longer victims but SURVIVORS!

1 comment:

  1. just an hour ago, i answered the question, "What was an experience that tested your faith? Affirmed your faith?" My answer‎... being the victim of sexual assault certainly tested every ounce of my faith; becoming a survivor of that assault is affirmation every day. we are survivors, and we need to remind ourselves of that as often as possible. very inspiring post ;O) <3

    ReplyDelete