Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I know its a scary thought to speak out about being sexually assaulted. Trust me it took me ten yrs to speak out and im 23. The fear of people not believe you, blaming you, overwhelms you. The emotions take control over your life. Dont let that fear consume you. Find that person you are close to and speak to them. Like i said before im still in the process of healing and getting used to talking to people about my abuse. Its hard at first but after you let it out it gets better. It does take time. Im on that same journey. Take a stand and speak out. Dont be afraid.

1 comment:

  1. With you and the other survivors I have connected with online and in my support group, I feel my voice growing stronger every day because I know I am surrounded by the most courageous, loving, powerful women I will ever know.

    ReplyDelete